- Local News
- PROTEST: Residents brave cold to decry school board inaction on voting machines. An old fashioned civil rights protest was held in bone-chilling temperatures Friday to draw attention to the school board's inaction of restoring voting booths to more areas of the city.â€©â€©The group, which included several pastors, politicians and residents, had gathered to bring attention to the tabling of an action to increase voting districts in the city at the previous night's school board meeting.â€©
VIDEO: A conversation with Dennis Brochey
Reporter Timothy Chipp talks with Town of Lewiston Supervisor Dennis Brochey about drainage problems at Lewiston Riverwalk and action following alleged gasoline thefts by two town cops.
City parking overhaul put on hold
Mayor Paul Dyster's push to overhaul downtown parking has hit a speed bump.
- State Police arrest three for DWI New York State Police made three DWI arrests this weekend in separate incidents throughout the county.
- Local farmers happy with Farm Bill change Western New York apple growers --a major segment of the state's producers -- quickly welcomed the new Farm Bill provision that should expedite the exports of apples from New York State to Canada.
- Senecas purchase Henrietta property for planned Monroe County casino The Seneca Gaming Corp. has been exploring the possibility of expanding its gaming empire into Monroe County.
- Toronto developer close to buying Summit mall wants to reopen facility Though nothing has been formally finalized, it's looking like the Summit mall has just about been sold.
- State agency awaiting audits from Joseph Davis State Park group The New York State Authorities Budget Office is still waiting for annual audits and budget reports from a local development corporation created to oversee operations at Joseph Davis State Park.
- Covanta issued notice of violation issued over failure to report fire Covanta Niagara has been issued a notice of violation by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation for failing to report a fire to the agency within the required time frame.
- Niagara Falls veteran receives full honors at Arlington National Cemetery In life, Eugene Corsaro hoped to one day be buried at the Arlington National Cemetery, in death, the marine and army reserve veteran of the Korean War got exactly what he wanted.
- More Local News Headlines