- Local News
Falls police send Emergency Response Team officers into shooting hot spots Saturday night
It was plainclothes detectives searching for suspects on Friday night and well-armed Emergency Response Team officers patrolling hot spots from late Saturday night until early Sunday morning.
- Charles Walker hasn't filed campaign finance reports since early 2013 Council Chairman Charles Walker has not filed campaign finance reports since January of 2013.
- Campaign account's gone but Bob Anderson undecided about future term City Councilman Robert Anderson Jr. terminated his campaign finance account with the state's board of elections two years ago, but that doesn't mean he is out of politics after his current term ends.
- Niagara County Board of Health opposes CWM expansion County health officials discussed the proposed Chemical Waste Management expansion and they're opposition to it Thursday during a Niagara County Board of Health meeting.
- Niagara County health care consortium study begins Twenty of the 21 municipalities in Niagara County have signed on to a feasibility study examining how a health care consortium would work countywide.
Man threatening to blow up home led to James Drive closure in Lewiston
A Lewiston man threatening to ignite gasoline with a flare gun if anyone approached his home led police to shut down James Drive and evacuate nearby residents for about three hours Sunday afternoon.
Police on scene of standoff on James Drive in Lewiston
Lewiston police have closed James Drive due to an ongoing standoff involving a man in a home on the 1000 block of James Drive, near Marywood Drive off of Upper Mountain Road.
Youth asking about marijuana at Barker summer camp is sent home
Niagara County Sheriff's deputies were called to a summer camp facility on Lower Lake Road in Barker on Friday for a possible drug offense.
- With 'Stop Common Core' line, Astorino taps into angry voters In the 1994 gubernatorial race, 54,000 votes cast on the "Tax Cut Now" ballot line created by Republicans to highlight New York's heavy tax load helped relatively unknown Republican state Sen. George Pataki upset Cuomo's father, Mario.
Isaiah 61 Project opens the doors on its first Falls renovation
A Whitney Avenue home that was once an eyesore has been fully refinished and is set to be sold.
- More Local News Headlines
- Falls police send Emergency Response Team officers into shooting hot spots Saturday night