Niagara Gazette — Santa Claus and City Administrator Donna Owens were among those that helped light up Old Falls Street Friday night during a ceremony.
- Local News
- POVERTY IN NIAGARA: Benefits boom -- Caseloads, costs rise following 2008 economic downturn The Niagara County Department of Social Services is a busy place these days.
- Tax increase, staffing/program cuts again on table for Niagara-Wheatfield It's become a familiar tale in Niagara-Wheatfield, where next year's estimated expenses grossly overbear the anticipated revenues despite the possibility of a substantial increase to the district's property tax levy.
NU forum focuses on local poverty issues
Service providers, academics and politicians gathered in Dunleavy Hall on Niagara University’s Lewiston campus to discuss an issue that affects many people in Niagara County: poverty.
- AG lists top frauds
- Verdict favors Mongielo
- Weppner challenging Higgins
- Niagara Falls school board meeting on polling place issue next week The Niagara Falls School Board is expected to vote during a special meeting next week on a proposal to increase the number of polling places in the district in time for the May election.
- Region sees job growth pick up
Neck tattoo undoes Falls man during Newfane traffic stop
Niagara County Sheriff's deputies said they verified the identity of a man stopped for speeding by positively identifying a tattoo on his neck Thursday morning.
- Mongielo jury to begin deliberations on Friday A city court jury will begin deliberations today in the trial of David J. Mongielo, the auto shop owner who was arrested during a city police traffic checkpoint on June 27.
- More Local News Headlines