Niagara Gazette — The annual Phi Delta Kappa Past Presidents' Awards banquet will be held today at the Niagara Falls Country Club, Mountain View Drive in Lewiston. The reception begins at 5:30 p.m. and dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m. The awards ceremony will follow dinner. Dinner costs $35 per person and reservations may be made by contacting Dr. Barbara Ianarelli at email@example.com.
Dr. Walter S. Polka, president of the Buffalo-Niagara Chapter 0047 of Phi Delta Kappa International, announced the following 2014 presidential award winners:
• Distinguished Higher Education Leadership Award: Dr. Gary D. Praetzel, dean, Niagara University College of Hospitality and Tourism Management;
• Distinguished Career Award: Samuel Alessi, retired Buffal city school administrator;
• Distinguished Elementary School Principal Award: Michael P. Tambroni, Ohio Elementary School, North Tonawanda City School District;
• Distinguished Middle School Principal: Michael Cornell, Amherst Middle School, Amherst Central School District;
• Distinguished High School Administrator Award: Joseph DiMaria, Starpoint High School, Starpoint Central School District;
• Excellence in Elementary Teaching Award: Janelle Finn, Colonial Village Elementary School, Niagara-Wheatfield School District;
• Excellence in Middle School Teaching Award: Beth Truax, Lewiston-Porter Middle School, Lewiston-Porter Central School District;
• Excellence in High School Teaching Award: Edwin Maynard, Niagara Falls High School, Niagara Falls City School District;
• School District of Excellence Award: Career Academies of the Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda Union Free School District.