NIAGARA FALLS — The income sheet shows a net loss but the promoter of last year's Niagara Holiday Market suggests in his final report that the event "achieved its principal goals" by "activating a normally dormant" downtown, creating a family friendly atmosphere and drawing "generally affirmative publicity" to Niagara Falls.
- Local News
- Cambria's Amer Jowdy lobbying for change in local courts What happens to a teen if they're charged with underage drinking or caught with marijuana and fail to show up for their appearance in town court?
- Scientists test ideas in Great Lakes bird botulism outbreaks For more than a decade, people walking along Great Lakes beaches have come upon a heartrending sight: dozens, or even hundreds, of dead loons, gulls and other waterfowl -- victims of food poisoning that paralyzed their muscles and eventually caused them to drown.
- Niagara Falls City Council to consider hike to SPCA contract The SPCA of Niagara and the city are set to renew their contract for next year, though it will cost the city more money than in years past.
- Vatican looking for input from Catholics In October, the Vatican will have a synod on the family and evangelization.
- Pedestrian killed in Kenmore A car struck two pedestrians as they were crossing Kenmore Avenue in the Town of Tonawanda Thursday night, killing a 52-year-old woman and injuring a 55-year-old man.
Cambria woman charged after meth lab found in home
Niagara County Sheriff's deputies arrested a Cambria woman after discovering a meth lab in a home on Friday.
Town of Niagara project draws complaints
A group of residents filled the boardroom at town hall on Thursday evening to voice concerns about an issue impacting the Ziblut Court and Effie Drive neighborhoods.
Nonprofit home rehab project growing in the Falls
The Isaiah 61 project is gearing up for renovation work on another house.
- Lewiston ready for Christmas Walk
- Falls police catch up with burglary suspects after tip An alert neighbor's call allowed Falls police to take two men into custody who are suspected of trying to break into a Jerauld Avenue home Thursday morning.
- More Local News Headlines