NEWFANE — Some members of the Newfane varsity baseball team caught last week with stolen goods, are being suspended this week from school, according to School Superintendent Christine Tibbits.
- Local News
Last holiday for Mom's as restaurant is set to close doors
Pat Catanese may finally get that Hawaiian honeymoon her husband has been promising her since they were married almost 43 years ago. But, right now, that's the last thing on her mind. Her husband's restaurant, simply called Mom's, is closing after nearly 60 years in business. The company that owns the Mil-Pine Plaza at Military and Niagara Falls Blvd., notified Jim Catanese a few days ago that he would have to vacate the property by Dec. 31.
- Lewiston ready for Christmas Walk
- Falls police catch up with burglary suspects after tip An alert neighbor's call allowed Falls police to take two men into custody who are suspected of trying to break into a Jerauld Avenue home Thursday morning.
- HS ROUNDUP: Tapestry hands NFHS first girls hoops loss
Felony charges for teens involved in assault on Lockport school administrator
Two Lockport teens are facing assault charges stemming from a Wednesday night attack on Lockport Athletic Director Patrick Burke and a school monitor.
- Common Core discussed
- Brochey preparing for new role in Lewiston
- Unusual number of Arctic snowy owls seen in US Snow-white owls with luminous yellow eyes are thrilling bird-watchers as the magnificent birds set up winter residence at airports, fields and beaches far south of their normal Arctic range.
Group's suits seek 'personhood' for chimps, including Falls' Kiko
An animal rights group is asking New York courts to recognize scientific evidence of emotional and cognitive abilities in chimpanzees and to grant the animals "legal personhood" so that they are ensured better treatment.
Supporters accompany pastor charged with sex abuse to court
A small group of Community Fellowship Church members accompanied their pastor into Town of Yates Court on Wednesday night in a show of support.
- More Local News Headlines
- Last holiday for Mom's as restaurant is set to close doors