By Rick Pfeiffer
Niagara Gazette — LOCKPORT -- A Falls man tied to multiple burglaries involving the theft of guns in the North End has pleaded guilty in a deal with prosecutors.
Q'Nique Moet McCrimmon, 19, entered his plea to three counts of second-degree burglary during a proceeding in Niagara County Court in Lockport on Thursday afternoon. Niagara County Court Judge Sara Sheldon Farkas, who agreed to a cap on McCrimmon's potential prison sentence, told him to expect to spend a long time behind bars.
"I believe I said 15 years will be the sentence," Farkas said.
She said McCrimmon can also expect to spend five years on probation after his prison term.
McCrimmon, of 2101 Ontario Ave., was arrested by Falls cops after a burglary in the 2400 block of Linwood Avenue on Jan. 28. At the time of his arrest, McCrimmon was in possession of a .380 semi-automatic pistol.
Officers responded to the Linwood Avenue burglary call around 11:15 a.m., and a 52-year-old man told them someone had broken into his home by kicking in a side door. The victim said three handguns and a starter pistol had been taken.
Detectives found footprints in the snow outside the home and began to track them down the alley at the rear of the house. At the same time, officers located several witnesses who had seen a suspect cutting through backyards in the area around the time police thought the burglary occurred.
The suspect's description matched McCrimmon and officers began searching for him. He was located in the 2200 block of Ontario Avenue.
"They stopped (McCrimmon) and found that he had a gun that had been stolen from the (Linwood Avenue) home in his pocket," Falls Police Detective Lt. Mike Trane said at the time of the arrest.
McCrimmon claimed he had "bought (the gun) from a guy at 18th and Niagara Avenue."
As part of his plea deal, McCrimmon admitted his guilt in the Linwood Avenue burglary, as well as break-ins in the 3200 block of North Avenue and the 2400 block of Michigan Avenue.
The plea deal covers 10 pending burglary cases McCrimmon is facing. The remaining seven burglary charges will be dismissed.