Niagara Gazette — • Niagara Falls police and fire departments honored Antwan J. Moore for his heroic effort to rescue an infant who had wandered out onto a roof wearing only a soiled diaper and socks in freezing temperatures on Thursday morning. Moore climbed onto the roof and wrapped the child in his sweater while waiting for police and fire to respond.
• The council approved a walk-on measure that will allow the Department of Public Works to replace an electrical transformer in city hall that overheated on Sunday, filling the building with smoke and causing the fire department to respond. The building is now being partially powered by a generator sitting on the front lawn. The generator rental and the replacement of the transformer will cost the city approximately $95,000, according to the resolution.$1.1M Amount city has for demolition work this year.