The Associated Press is providing real-time coverage as Barack Obama in sworn in for a second term as president of the United States. Stay with this page for the latest stories, photos and videos of the event.
- Local News
- Brightfields given second extension for Highland site remediation work A North End brownfield remediation project has hit a snag, but work to clean up the site continues to move forward.
- Despite Lewiston drainage concerns, official says he's limited in what he can do Lewiston Highway Superintendent Doug Janese knows there are a lot of drainage issues around his town. As the head of the drainage department as well, it would fall to him to make sure the issues are resolved to the benefit of the residents.
- Boulevard safety upgrades follow pedestrian deaths The state Department of Transportation began an extensive project this week to upgrade pedestrian push-signals on Niagara Falls Boulevard after two women were killed crossing the heavily trafficked thoroughfare last year.
- New jet boat firm to hold job fair Wednesday in Youngstown The new Niagara Jet Adventures ready to launch boat tours along the lower river this year is planning a job fair Wednesday at the Village Center, 240 Lockport St.
- Kelly among buyers|Big names among prospective Bills buyers Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly is prepared to make a bid to buy the Buffalo Bills. Donald Trump's on board, too.
- FLAGS OF HONOR: Fallen officers remembered in Falls. On a sunny spring day, six Niagara Falls police officers were memorialized for making the ultimate sacrifice.â€©â€©A series of six street markers will soon be placed near the locations where the officers fell in the line of duty, as part of an effort by the Badge of Honor Association to remember the price they paid to protect the public.
- AWARDS: Women of Distinction honorees announced. The Niagara Gazette will recognize the accomplishments and contributions of a dozen area women as part of its 6th annual Women of Distinction awards ceremony next month.
- EMPLOYMENT: Tour boat operators hosting job fair. YOUNGSTOWN - The new Niagara Jet Adventures ready to launch boat tours along the lower river this year is planning a job fair Wednesday at the Village Center, 240 Lockport St.
- Fallen tree highlights DPW limitations When Ronald Capone saw the massive tree felled in his yard Tuesday night the first thought he had was that his 13-year-old son could have been trapped underneath if the tree had fallen earlier.
- Police tribute: Group will place makers to honor six Falls cops that died in line of duty Their names are inscribed on a stone memorial that sits in front of Falls Police headquarters.
- More Local News Headlines