Niagara Gazette —
- Local News
Students from Michigan arrested for venturing onto dangerous ice at Terrapin Point
Neither fences, nor caution tape, nor the threat of plunging over the falls was enough to deter five Michigan college students from climbing out on an icy ledge at Terrapin Point on Thursday.
- Niagara Falls school board meeting on polling place issue next week The Niagara Falls School Board is expected to vote during a special meeting next week on a proposal to increase the number of polling places in the district in time for the May election.
- Region sees job growth pick up
Neck tattoo undoes Falls man during Newfane traffic stop
Niagara County Sheriff's deputies said they verified the identity of a man stopped for speeding by positively identifying a tattoo on his neck Thursday morning.
- Mongielo jury to begin deliberations on Friday A city court jury will begin deliberations today in the trial of David J. Mongielo, the auto shop owner who was arrested during a city police traffic checkpoint on June 27.
- Wednesday's water main break near Niagara Falls Boulevard investigated Niagara Falls Water Board officials are investigating a water main break near Niagara Falls Boulevard and 46th Street that spilled about 1.5 million gallons of water into the street Wednesday evening.
DELUCA: Niagara parents considering move for medical marijuana
To really see how you really feel about medical marijuana, you'd have to meet Tony Tallarico. He's 9-years-old and just a beautiful kid, with dark eyes and dark hair. I met him just the other day in his Portage Road home and, as his mom and I talked, he sat in his wheelchair in the middle of his family's small living room repeatedly turning his head left and right, his eyes casting about the room as is he was searching for something.
- Teen takes plea, admits role in fatal DWI accident on Tuscarora Reservation A South Dakota teenager, facing a 19-count indictment in connection with a fatal accident on the Tuscarora Indian Reservation, has taken a plea offer from prosecutors.
- Local landmark status sought for Old Stone Chimney An effort to relocate a city relic has taken a step forward.
- Falls "frequent flyer" gets federal time in drug case A Falls man, that narcotics detectives refer to as a "frequent flyer" in the drug trade has been sent to federal prison for four years.
- More Local News Headlines
- Students from Michigan arrested for venturing onto dangerous ice at Terrapin Point