The annual Peach Festival parade marched down Center Street on Saturday and featured about 100 units including 11 marching bands, majorettes, floats, fire companies, football teams, color guards, precision drill teams and cheerleaders. The Lewiston Kiwanis Peach Festival continues from 11 to 10 p.m. Sunday and features the Peach Queen crowning at 8 p.m.
Lewiston town official proposes cutting law enforcement details for Artpark shows
Artpark concerts on Tuesday and Wednesday nights during the summer months have been a hot topic amongst residents both in and outside the Village of Lewiston.
- Lew-Port school board weighing 3.95 percent tax levy increase With less than a month to finalize its spending plan proposal for 2014-15, Lewiston-Porter School Board members are close to making a decision. About $12,000 close.
Lewiston village residents to see a slight bump in taxes
Taxes in the Village of Lewiston are set to increase. But only by a small margin.
- Conrad chosen to fill vacant Lewiston town board seat The Lewiston Town Board was made whole Monday with the addition of former Niagara-Wheatfield School Board President William "Bill" Conrad.
- After recent fire, state and town officials renew effort to see NYPA help fund fire units It's long been considered a sticky situation, but there's renewed interest on behalf of the Lewiston Town Board this month to seek some form of reimbursement for fire protection at the New York Power Authority's Robert Moses power plant.
Artpark reveals a few more summer concerts, price increases
Artpark is ringing in spring a day early, giving a sneak peek at who is coming to the First Niagara presents Tuesday in the Park and Coors Light Wednesdays outdoor concert series.
- Working to avoid layoffs|Lew-Port superintendent says staff cuts not expected as budget talks continue Financially, Lewiston-Porter is in trouble. Superintendent Christopher Roser is planning a budget for 2014-15 with a $1.3 million deficit staring him in the face.
- Lewiston Town Board OKs funding for attorney in CWM expansion fight Lewiston's formal agreement with Niagara County to oppose the possible expansion of Chemical Waste Management's landfill operation was approved by the four-member town board during a special session Tuesday.
- Lew-Port officials discussing 4.4 percent tax levy hike Lewiston-Porter officials say the district could increase its property tax levy by as much as 4.42 percent for the 2014-15 school budget.
- Lew-Port may look to BOCES to help cut budget costs In the everlasting journey to cut costs, there may be a service Lewiston-Porter administrators found to reduce significant expenses in its technology department.
- More Lewiston Headlines
- Lewiston town official proposes cutting law enforcement details for Artpark shows