Lewiston officials examining NYPA fund usage
The issue of how accumulated funds collected through the Town of Lewiston's relicensing agreement with the New York Power Authority should be distributed was tabled by the town board at Monday's meeting.
- Lewiston officials questioning town's stewardship of Joseph Davis State Park There are mounting concerns within Lewiston over the fiscal risks of continuing its stewardship of Joseph Davis State Park.
- Residents speak out on CWM plan during Wednesday hearings The state-appointed siting board charged with evaluating Chemical Waste Management's application for expansion at its Balmer Road facility took public comment in a two-part session on Wednesday at Lewiston-Porter Senior High School.
37 speakers taking podium to discuss CWM expansion during early session
A total of 37 speakers have signed up so far to address members of a state-sanctioned facility siting board that will decide the fate of a request to open a second hazardous waste landfill at Chemical Waste Management's site in the Town of Porter.
Blue Mondays concert series returns to Hennepin Park Gazebo
It all begins tonight -- a chance to experience blues at its finest in the intimate, outdoor concert setting of Hennepin Park Gazebo in Lewiston.
- Driver in hit-and-run incident found by Lewiston police An unidentified elderly man was ticketed Tuesday in connection with a hit-and-run accident involving a Modern Disposal worker on Monday morning.
Lewiston police looking for hit-and-run vehicle
Police are looking for the public's help in locating a vehicle believed to have been involved in a hit-and-run accident involving a Modern Disposal worker early Monday.
- Federal funds headed to Lewiston firefighters
- Lew-Port officials need to cut capital project plan from $29.2M to $26.1M Lewiston-Porter has quite the battle on its hands. Only this time, it's with itself.
- Mom and son honored Lewiston/Niagara at Relay for Life fundraiser A mother and her nine year old son will be named Honorary Survivors at this year's Relay For Life of Lewiston Niagara fundraiser. Darla and Michael Bubar will be recognized at the American Cancer Society event after their courageous fight in the battle with cancer and their continuos support for those fighting similar battles.
- More Lewiston Headlines
- Lewiston officials examining NYPA fund usage