- REMEMBER: Gold Star Moms share memories in new book; signing planned in Lewiston. Their sons have been dead for more than 40 years. Many were teenagers who gave their lives fighting a hellish war on the other side of the earth. Some were battlefield heroes. Their mothers will never forget the sacrifices their sons made. But now their sons' stories will live on, thanks to a local author who has documented them in her new book, "Our Sons, Our Heroes." Linda Jenkin Costanzo of Clarence never meant to write a book about the Americans who died in Vietnam. She was only 14 when she first started hearing about the young soldiers who gave their lives fighting in America's most unpopular war.
- Dancing their hearts out
VIDEO: ReClaim Store offers the reusable building materials
Nothing makes some decorators happier than old, gently used household items like a claw-foot bathtub or a brass door knob.
A new ReClaim Store in Niagara Falls is going to offer a treasure trove to such decorators, as well as to homeowners, landlords and bargain shoppers.
The store, which was opened in a temporary location at 2411 Hyde Park Blvd. in Harpor Plaza, is another extension of the increasingly successful Isaiah 61 Project, which trains unemployed and underemployed people in the construction trades while renovating abandoned city homes. The homes are then sold at affordable prices to families who can help stabilize neighborhoods.
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises ready to hit the water After constructing two state-of-the-art catamarans in the base of Niagara Falls during one of the harshest winter seasons in Canadian history, Hornblower Niagara Cruises has begun testing their marine railway system in preparation for their inaugural season.
- TOM'S CORNER: GM's ignition switch recall update The Gazette has partnered with local automotive expert Tom Torbjornsen to publish his weekly national column. Tom's Corner will appear in Thursday's editions.
- Sampling Canada's tasty treats
VIDEO: Casa Antica chef demonstrates recipe for smelt in celebration of Smelt Fest
Casa Antica among restaurants participating in Lewiston's smelt fest May 2.
- TOM'S CORNER: Spring tune up and summer prep for your car The Gazette has partnered with local automotive expert Tom Torbjornsen to publish his weekly national column. Tom's Corner will appear in Thursday's editions.
- 'A really good feeling'
- Natural Health: B-12 may be the cure to many ailments Are you suffering from lack of energy, brain fog, poor memory, light-headedness, or ringing in your ears? Do you have pale skin, sore/tingling tongue, hands or feet, bleeding gums, or a mysterious cough? If you say yes to any of the above, you may be suffering from a B-12 deficiency.
- More Features Headlines