- TOM'S CORNER: How to kill a car The Gazette has partnered with local automotive expert Tom Torbjornsen to publish his weekly national column. Tom's Corner will appear in Thursday's editions.
- Serene Gardens cafe to move to Elmwood Village The Japanese have a special noodle dish they eat to celebrate the new year and bring good luck. Sartomi Smith is planning to make herself a great big bowl to ring in 2014.
- Birdman travels to falls to feed birds, squirrels John Hoffman is the kind of guy that children's stories are made of.
RESOLUTIONS: Resolve to learn something new in 2014
With the New Year come all sorts of resolutions to fix the problems we have with our lives.
We resolve to lose weight, quit smoking, become more organized and be more financially responsible. In short, we focus on the negative.
But what if instead of — or in addition to — these typical New Year’s goals, we take a more positive approach and try to add a new skill or hobby? Have you said you’ve been meaning to take up knitting for 15 years now? How about that plan to finally learn the piano? What about something daring, like learning to pilot a plane?
Here are some fun — and quirky — ways to add to your life in the New Year.
- Niagara Falls natives built exciting career photographing motor racing Joe Proietti and Sander Abramson, who have spent the past few decades photographing some of motor racing's most exciting moments.
TECHNOLOGY: Couple creates program that offers personalized visit from Santa.
When Russ Pierce settled down for a long winter’s nap last Christmas Eve, there weren’t visions of sugarplums dancing in his head.
But, he was dreaming about Santa Claus. And that dream has come to life this Christmas in way that is touching people around the world.
CHRISTMAS CULTURE: So many different ways to celebrate in the Niagara region
Each year, as families gather for Christmas in the Niagara region, old traditions are dusted off and new ones are begun.
Some stick closely to traditions handed down from generation to generation, while others pick and choose from a hodge podge of different cultures and religious denominations in their Christmas celebration.
- TOM'S CORNER: Do you need snow tires? The Gazette has partnered with local automotive expert Tom Torbjornsen to publish his weekly national column. Tom's Corner will appear in Thursday's editions.
IN BUSINESS: George Edwards will close doors Saturday
George Edwards will close his family jewelry business after 17 years on Saturday.
- TOM'S CORNER: GM, Dodge recalls and other automotive news The Gazette has partnered with local automotive expert Tom Torbjornsen to publish his weekly national column. Tom's Corner will appear in Thursday's editions.
- More Features Headlines