- Rock n' roll fitness
NIAGARA COUNTY: Effort to get fresh food to the needy is energized by new venture.
Tom Tower thinks it's a crime to throw away good food. The gentleman farmer from Youngstown is noted for his passion for agricultural craftsmanship, so seeing his carefully grown produce lying wasted in the field causes him great distress. He was one of the first farmers in the region to bring his apples by the truckload to the Western New York Food Bank. It was pure logic and generosity that prompted him to do so, but when the food bank received some state money to buy fresh produce, Tower and Justin Guerin, food bank director, worked out a deal. One month would be a donation, the next month, the bank would pay a fair price for the apples.
- TOM'S CORNER: An update on the technology of electric vehicles The Gazette has partnered with local automotive expert Tom Torbjornsen to publish his weekly national column. Tom's Corner will appear in Thursday's editions.
- Partners in Art comes to the Carnegie Center Teachers, students and guests gathered on Saturday afternoon at the Carnegie Art Center to welcome the annual Partners in Art studio exhibit to it's new home for 2014.
- Niagara County Sheriff's association looking for pieces of past The Niagara County Deputy Sheriff's Association is looking for old pictures, uniforms, equipment and any other memorabilia from the more than 200 year history of the Niagara County Sheriff's Office.
- IN BUSINESS: Leadership Niagara honored at weekend event Molly Anderson, director of Leadership Niagara, was presented with an award for "Excellence in Innovation" by the Association of Leadership Programs on Friday at the Southeast Regional Conference in Atlanta.
- TOM'S CORNER: Dealing with diesel vehicle service requirements The Gazette has partnered with local automotive expert Tom Torbjornsen to publish his weekly national column. Tom's Corner will appear in Thursday's editions.
- 'Shooting n' hooting' with ladies' gun league
- TOM'S CORNER: From the automotive news desk at America's Car Show The Gazette has partnered with local automotive expert Tom Torbjornsen to publish his weekly national column. Tom's Corner will appear in Thursday's editions.
From 'Hell's Kitchen' to culinary classroom: Niagara's Bobby Anderson
Before Bobby Anderson made his television debut on a popular network cooking show, he dealt with problems similar to those many youths face on urban streets. It was his passion for cooking that saved his life.
Growing up in Niagara Falls in the late ‘80s and early ‘90s, Anderson says that he spent a lot of time running with the wrong crowd. Eventually he began to see that he needed a way out if he was going to have any kind of a future.
- More Features Headlines