- IN BUSINESS: Maid of the Mist unveils new ad campaign Iconic landmarks such as the Statue of Liberty, Mount Rushmore and The Lincoln Memorial have taken on a new look as part of a brand campaign for The Maid of the Mist.
- TOM'S CORNER: From the automotive news desk at America's Car Show The Gazette has partnered with local automotive expert Tom Torbjornsen to publish his weekly national column. Tom's Corner will appear in Thursday's editions.
- Tasting Italy
Tasting Italy: Mediterranean wines and foods flavored the night at Dick and Jenny's
Ryan Seward still remembers the chilly day he toured a small vineyard in the Piedmont region of Italy.
The young man leading the tour, Luca Roagna, was a fourth generation wine maker who knew the exact date every vine in the field had been planted. So enthusiastic about his product, he reached down and grabbed some of the dirt and asked those in the group to smell it. Later, he led his guests through a sampling of wines in a century old cave where giant oak barrels held the family’s revered and carefully created grape elixer.
More flying Wallendas
Lyric and Rietta Wallenda will perform Jan. 25 with the Buffalo Philharmonic
- Erie Canal restoration work in mid 'Flight' Progress is being made on the "initial phase" of Flight of Five canal locks restoration.
- IN BUSINESS: Once again, Wegmans makes Fortune's best company list Those working and shopping at Wegmans on Saturday had a chance to enjoy a little cake -- a celebration of the business once again being named to Fortune magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For.
- TOM'S CORNER: Tom covers two hot topics The Gazette has partnered with local automotive expert Tom Torbjornsen to publish his weekly national column. Tom's Corner will appear in Thursday's editions.
What are we all talking about? How conversations can improve lives
My daughter once added to the enjoyment of a long road trip by bringing a book on conversations starters that tickled the mind and helped all of us get to know each other even better. The personal responses were delightful. Yet at the same time, deeper connections were forming.
NATURAL HEALTH: No-fail weight loss tips
Losing weight is the number one resolution made each year and many fail because they do not understand that what you are eating will make or break your chances for success. Losing weight is easier than you think if you follow the suggestions listed below.
- More Features Headlines