Brio Pizzeria, 440 Center St.
• CRITICAL VIOLATIONS: Ground beef chucks on shelf above individual creamers, moved to bottom shelf; boxes of bug fumigators on shelf in dry storage, not allowed on premises, only licensed exterminators can apply pesticides.
• NON-CRITICAL VIOLATIONS: Dish machine is not sanitizing, bucket empty, replaced with new nozzle and cleaned as it was blocked; urinal flush button broken off and cannot be flushed; no paper towels in ladies room and kitchen hand-wash sink; paint on floor in kitchen is worn and not easily cleanable, grimy edges.
• DATE: May 1
Favorite’s Pizzeria, 781 Cayuga St.
• CRITICAL VIOLATIONS: Front-counter worker used bare hands to pull two pieces of pizza apart that were to be served to customer, pizza was discarded, worker was advised on proper glove use to avoid bare hand contact, corrected; restaurant was not using proper protocol for waiver; temperatures had not been taken on pizzas that were provided for sale, daily chart of temperature, date/time not available, discussed the setting up of charts and taking temperatures of pizza upon removal form oven with manager, corrected.
• NON-CRITICAL VIOLATIONS: Cutting boards in kitchen have deep cuts and gouges, not easily cleanable; sanitizer in buckets not at proper dilution, new sanitizer made; floors under ovens and fryers in kitchen have food debris accumulation, floor under freezer shelving has food debris buildup.
• DATE: April 9.
Sanborn Fire Company, 5811 Buffalo Road
• CRITICAL VIOLATIONS: None.
• NON-CRITICAL VIOLATIONS: Light bulb under hood above stove is burned out.
• DATE: May 8
Silo Restaurant, North Water Street
• CRITICAL VIOLATIONS: Clorox spray being used in food prep areas, chlorine too strong for food service use, corrected, discussed proper sanitizing solution dilutions; sanitizer bucket not properly diluted, corrected; patio torch fuel found stored along with containers of food products, employee removed.
• NON-CRITICAL VIOLATIONS: Cases of tomato ketchup and tomato sauce, bottled water and Gatorade found stored on floor, employee moved; unlabeled squeeze bottles in cooking area; cases of chicken parts stored on floor in walk-in cooler; clean utensils not stored properly with handles facing same direction; cleaning cloths not stored in sanitizer in grill and drinks area; no hot water in three-bay sink, dishwasher or hand-wash; employee reports pilot light out, requested immediate repair; no covered recepticle in employee restroom; no towels at hand-wash station in basement food prep area; no hand-wash signs, corrected.