Niagara Gazette —
• Try one new vegetable each week
• Stop or limit the amount of soda pop you consume
• Each week, enjoy 1 meal made from “Real Food” — food that is healthy, grown locally and by environment friendly farming
• One day each week, eat like a vegetarian
• One day each week have the entire family cook a healthy meal together
• If you are eating out, order healthy options from the menu (baked/steamed, vegetables)
It sounds simple but to complete these challenges you must plan ahead. Working on a weekly menu before you go shopping is a helpful.
Jennifer R. Grier is an administrative assistant for Cornell Cooperative Extension of Niagara County.Jennifer Grier is an administrative assistant with the Cornell Cooperative Extension of Niagara County. She can be reached at 433-8839 ext. 230.