- EXTRA; A bright idea: Make-your-own luminarias
- EXTRA: Ringing in the New Year on a budget
- EXTRA: New Mexicans put their own spin on Christmas
EXTRA: Gifts you can bring to a Hanukkah party
Joan Torres isn't Jewish, but over the years, she's been invited to various Jewish celebrations.
"I know what to bring for Passover, Rosh Hashanah, and a shiva call," she said, using the term for a period of mourning following a death in the family. "But I know nothing about Hanukkah."
So when she got her first invitation to a Hanukkah party, Torres, who lives in New York City, put a query on Chowhound.com asking, "What would be appropriate to bring as a host/hostess gift?
- EXTRA: Give the gift of inspiration with new cookbooks
- EXTRA:Healthy holiday party offerings that taste great
- EXTRA: Classic holiday stories inspire during tough times
- EXTRA: Save money by making some surprises this holiday
- EXTRA: How to tell kids Santa's sack will be smaller
- EXTRA: Yellow expected as a bright spot for 2009