Arnold calls out Niagara County GOP; Destino set to run on Dem line
Niagara Falls attorney Johnny Destino confirmed Monday that he's in it for the long haul when it comes to this year's race for the 62nd New York state Senate District, currently held by outgoing state lawmaker George Maziarz.
- North Tonawanda Mayor Robert Ortt says he's mulling Senate run In the aftermath of state Sen. George Maziarz announcing he will not seek another term, the buzz in political circles is now focused on Mayor Rob Ortt and his name being thrown into the ring as Maziarz's replacement.
Sources: Maziarz not seeking re-election
It appears the 36 year political career of New York State Senator George Maziarz will come to an end later today.
- Rose M. (White) Benvenuti
- Garfinkel hopes to continue on as Lewiston town clerk Donna Garfinkel has the experience to continue on as Lewiston town clerk.
- Cecconi announces bid for Lewiston town clerk Regina Scibilia Cecconi is calling herself a political outsider in her quest to be the next Lewiston town clerk.
- Clarendon Republican to challenge Maziarz
Higgins facing a primary as another candidate announces
A Buffalo businessman says he'll challenge Congressman Brian Higgins in the Democratic primary.
- Astorino makes it official, will run for governor A top county official from New York City's northern suburbs announced Wednesday that he will run for governor, launching an uphill fight to unseat heavily favored incumbent Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
- Trump considers run for governor, will be in town Friday Donald Trump, the nation's most shameless political flirt, is at it again.
- More Elections Headlines
- Arnold calls out Niagara County GOP; Destino set to run on Dem line