NIAGARA FALLS —
Finance report shows Maziarz has more than $1M in war chest
State Sen. George Maziarz's campaign account closed the first six months of 2014 with a balance in excess of $1 million.
Ortt gets Republican endorsements
Republican party chairmen representing the three counties in the 62nd State Senate District have endorsed North Tonawanda Mayor Rob Ortt as their candidate to replace George Maziarz, who announced earlier this week that he will not seek re-election and will instead retire from office.
- Niagara County GOP takes in CWM contributions A company pushing for approval of an expansion project at its hazardous waste landfill in the Town of Porter made a campaign contribution earlier this year to the Niagara County Republican Committee, according to the latest data available from the New York State Board of Elections.
Arnold calls out Niagara County GOP; Destino set to run on Dem line
Niagara Falls attorney Johnny Destino confirmed Monday that he's in it for the long haul when it comes to this year's race for the 62nd New York state Senate District, currently held by outgoing state lawmaker George Maziarz.
- North Tonawanda Mayor Robert Ortt says he's mulling Senate run In the aftermath of state Sen. George Maziarz announcing he will not seek another term, the buzz in political circles is now focused on Mayor Rob Ortt and his name being thrown into the ring as Maziarz's replacement.
Sources: Maziarz not seeking re-election
It appears the 36 year political career of New York State Senator George Maziarz will come to an end later today.
- Rose M. (White) Benvenuti
- Garfinkel hopes to continue on as Lewiston town clerk Donna Garfinkel has the experience to continue on as Lewiston town clerk.
- Cecconi announces bid for Lewiston town clerk Regina Scibilia Cecconi is calling herself a political outsider in her quest to be the next Lewiston town clerk.
- Clarendon Republican to challenge Maziarz
- More Elections Headlines
- Finance report shows Maziarz has more than $1M in war chest