NIAGARA FALLS —
- Charles Walker hasn't filed campaign finance reports since early 2013 Council Chairman Charles Walker has not filed campaign finance reports since January of 2013.
- Campaign account's gone but Bob Anderson undecided about future term City Councilman Robert Anderson Jr. terminated his campaign finance account with the state's board of elections two years ago, but that doesn't mean he is out of politics after his current term ends.
- With 'Stop Common Core' line, Astorino taps into angry voters In the 1994 gubernatorial race, 54,000 votes cast on the "Tax Cut Now" ballot line created by Republicans to highlight New York's heavy tax load helped relatively unknown Republican state Sen. George Pataki upset Cuomo's father, Mario.
- Destino says he'll work with Wallenda on creating Falls attraction The Democratic candidate for the New York State Senate's 62nd District seat vowed Thursday to help aerialist Nik Wallenda in his efforts to develop a permanent attraction in Niagara Falls.
Finance report shows Maziarz has more than $1M in war chest
State Sen. George Maziarz's campaign account closed the first six months of 2014 with a balance in excess of $1 million.
Ortt gets Republican endorsements
Republican party chairmen representing the three counties in the 62nd State Senate District have endorsed North Tonawanda Mayor Rob Ortt as their candidate to replace George Maziarz, who announced earlier this week that he will not seek re-election and will instead retire from office.
- Niagara County GOP takes in CWM contributions A company pushing for approval of an expansion project at its hazardous waste landfill in the Town of Porter made a campaign contribution earlier this year to the Niagara County Republican Committee, according to the latest data available from the New York State Board of Elections.
Arnold calls out Niagara County GOP; Destino set to run on Dem line
Niagara Falls attorney Johnny Destino confirmed Monday that he's in it for the long haul when it comes to this year's race for the 62nd New York state Senate District, currently held by outgoing state lawmaker George Maziarz.
- North Tonawanda Mayor Robert Ortt says he's mulling Senate run In the aftermath of state Sen. George Maziarz announcing he will not seek another term, the buzz in political circles is now focused on Mayor Rob Ortt and his name being thrown into the ring as Maziarz's replacement.
Sources: Maziarz not seeking re-election
It appears the 36 year political career of New York State Senator George Maziarz will come to an end later today.
- More Elections Headlines