• CHARGED: Brandon C. Blackman, 21, 1866 Cleveland Ave., was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana about 2:30 a.m. Friday, according to Niagara County Sheriff's deputies. Blackman was a passenger in a car stopped on Porter Road for speeding. In the course of the investigation, the deputy found a medicine bottle containing marijuana on Blackman. A third person in the car, when asked for his name be police, responded, "I don't have a name." Another person in the car provided deputies with his name, he was searched — during which he yelled multiple times, "I do not consent to this search" — found to have nothing and released.
• THEFT: The clerk at a gas station on Williams Road reported to sheriff's deputies that a man ran out of the store with beer he didn't pay for early Saturday morning. The man, described as a 5-foot-8 white man with a shaved head, came into the store about 3:15 a.m. and grabbed an 18-pack of Coors Light and and an 18-Pack of Blue Light out of the cooler. The clerk said she informed him that she couldn't sell beer after 3 a.m. and the man ran from the store with the beer to an awaiting white SUV parked in the lot. It quickly sped away onto Williams Road. Surveillance video of the incident was to be provided to the sheriff's office later Saturday.
• THEFT: Security staff at a store on Williams Road reported to deputies Friday that a 5-foot-6, heavyset black woman wearing a purple shirt and denim jacket put a Hello Kitty watch and a jewelry chain into her coat pocket and walked out of the store without paying for it about 4:45 p.m. Friday. When an employee confronted her in the parking lot, the woman denied taking anything, got into a car and drove off. The license plate of the car was provided to deputies.
• FOUND PROPERTY: A resident on Lockport Road reported to deputies Thursday night that a tan-colored old bicycle and a gas-powered leaf blower were left on his front yard. A deputy tried to take the items but they wouldn't fit into his patrol car. The items were left in the resident's garage and sheriff's office personnel will pick up the items at a later date.
• INCIDENT: A 54-year-old Lockport man was taken to Erie County Medical Center by Mercy Flight after falling from a ladder at the Royalton Airport on Friday. The man said he was working on a bay door inside an airplane hanger about 9:15 a.m. when he fell about 15 feet on to a concrete floor. Deputies said he suffered a possible fractured right leg.