• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested following a trespassing report at 12:30 p.m. Saturday in the 4800 block of Lockport Road. Steven Gillenwater, 21, 1352 Pierce Ave., was charged with attempted petit larceny, third-degree criminal trespass, third-degree auto stripping and possession of burglary tools after a neighbor of the victim saw a white vehicle parked on his property. The man called police after he found a man on the victim’s property examining a junk vehicle. When police arrived, Gillenwater reportedly had fled but police located him and detained him. They found a red and black briefcase filled with tools he’d allegedly used to attempt to remove a catalytic converter.
• ARREST: A Falls woman was arrested following a traffic stop at 2:45 a.m. Friday in the 700 block of 17th Street. Avian Ray, 23, 445 Elmwood Ave., was charged with second-degree criminal impersonation after police stopped a vehicle she was a passenger in. In questioning her, police say she provided the name of of a relative when asked for identification. However, a check of the realtive’s name revealed an outstanding warrant and when Ray was detained, she confessed to using the false identity. She said she, too, has an outstanding warrant against her for failing to pay a fine and tried to avoid detection.
• THEFT: Police are investigating a reported theft that occurred at 9:49 p.m. at a convenience store in the 1500 block of Main Street. The store manager said an unknown male entered the store, picked up a case of beer being displayed and immediately fled the scene. The incident was caught on videotape and an officer described the man as possibly Native American who was wearing a black jacket with a hood.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a reported possible burglary that occurred between noon Thursday and 3 p.m. Friday in the 2400 block of Michigan Avenue. The property caretaker, watching the house for the vacationing owner, said he noticed the back fence open and discovered the back door kicked in and called police. Officers report the inside of the house was disheveled with items thrown about. The caretaker said jewelry and small electronics could be missing, though it wouldn’t be known for sure until the owner returned home.
Town of Wheatfield
• ACCIDENT: Niagara County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a motor vehicle accident at 2:59 a.m. Saturday in front of a residence in the 6900 block of Shawnee Road. A tractor trailer, driven by an Oakville, Ont. man was treated for minor injuries after the tractor trailer he was driving exited the east side of the roadway and struck a power pole with attached transformer. The trailer was heavily damaged and overturned on its side. The investigation is continuing.