New York State Police and the Niagara County Sheriff's Office made six arrests after teaming up for a sobriety checkpoint Friday on Route 31 in Lewiston.
• Brian Cadwalder, 41, Lewiston, was charged with DWI . A breath test determined his blood alcohol content to be 0.09 percent.
• Thomas Sikora, 73, Newfane, was charged with DWAI. Sikora at the time of the arrest was operating with a blood alcohol content of 0.07 percent.
• Andrew Barger, 28, Lockport, was charged with felony DWI. Barger at the time of the arrest was operating with a blood alcohol content of 0.13 percent.
• David Cleveley, 35, Niagara Falls, was charged with felony DWI. Cleveley at the time of the arrest was operating with a blood alcohol content of 0.14 percent.
• Richard Hess, 42, Youngstown, was charged with DWI. Hess refused to take the breath test and because of this will be scheduled for a hearing by the NYS DMV to determine if his license will be revoked.
• Paul Chateauneuf, 29, Lewiston, was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance after he was found to be in possession of hypodermic needles and a spoon containing suspected heroin residue. Chateauneuf was also charged with operating a motor vehicle without a license, operating a motor vehicle with his driving privilege suspended and operating an uninspected motor vehicle.