Woman flees burning trailer
A mobile home was destroyed by fire Monday on Ewings Road.
The sole occupant, a woman whose name was not released by the Niagara County Sheriff's Office, evacuated the burning structure and later was taken by ambulance to Erie County Medical Center for treatment of minor injuries.
Wrights Corners and Miller Hose firefighters were called to the scene around 2 p.m. Monday. The mobile home on lot number 5 at 3884 Ewings Road was fully engulfed in smoke and flames, first responders said.
Niagara County Cause and Origin is investigating to determine the cause of the fire.
• ARREST: A Buffalo man was arrested after an assault in the area of 47th Street and Niagara Falls Boulevard at 11:38 p.m. Sunday. Alvin W. Baines, 40, 175 Strauss St., was charged with second-degree assault. Baines is accused of stabbing another man after an argument.
• ASSAULT: A Falls man was arrested after an assault in the 1900 block of Walnut Avenue at 1:20 a.m. Monday. Ivan Perez, 26, 1117 1341 Ashland Ave., Apt. 2, was charged with second-degree assault. Perez is accused of randomly slashing a 42-year-old man across his face, as he walked past him.
• DWI: Kiel J. Bonavito, 27, 123 Hillcrest Road, Tonawanda, was charged at 2:27 a.m. Sunday on River Road with DWI and passing a red signal. Bonavito's blood alcohol content was measured at 0.18 percent.
• DWI: Brett R. Gilman, 21, 14 Felton St., upper, was charged at 1:32 a.m. Monday on Walck Road with DWI and speed in zone. Gilman's blood alcohol content was measured at 0.17 percent.
City of Tonawanda
• DWI: Paul A. Seal, 41, of Steiner Avenue, was charged Sunday with DWI, operating a motor vehicle without a current inspection, speeding and unlawful possession of marijuana. His blood alcohol content was measured at 0.14 percent.
• ASSAULT: Jeffrey E. Rybarczyk, 43, of Buffalo Avenue, Niagara Falls, was charged Saturday with assault, criminal possession of a weapon and third-degree menacing.
City of Lockport
• MENACING: Jerald R. Woods, 23, 589 D St., Niagara Falls, was charged Monday with third-degree menacing and second-degree harassment. Woods is accused of threatening to punch a Dayton Street woman, then grabbing and shoving her, police said.