Staff at a store on the 7200 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard reported to police Tuesday that sometime between April 7 and April 21, someone drove off with two electric motorized shopping carts.
The carts, one red, one black, are worth about $1,600 each.
• BURGLARY: Falls police were called to a home on the 200 block of 70th Street for a report of a burglary. A resident said sometime between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m., while they were away from the home, someone broke into the house and took medication, jewelry and personal papers. The estimated loss is $10,430. The resident provided a possible suspect to police.
• BURGLARY: The property owner of a home on the 2200 block of Ontario Avenue told police Tuesday that sometime since April 10 someone broke into the building and took $2,000 in copper pipe.
• CHARGED: Tammy L. Kathke, 44, 3244 Ely Ave., was charged with petit larceny about 2 p.m. Tuesday, according to Falls police. Staff at a store on the 1000 block of Pine Avenue reported Kathke came into the store, picked up a $27 pair of sunglasses off the shelf and walked out the door without paying. Kathke was stopped by store staff and turned over to police.
Town of Lockport
• BURGLARY: A Lake Avenue woman told Niagara County Sheriff’s deputies Tuesday she was informed by a neighbor her home was possibly burglarized. The neighbor saw a red pickup truck parked in front of the victim’s residence, with one man looking at the engine and another man walking up the driveway and entering the victim’s garage on the south side of the home. The victim said she did not find anything missing from the garage, but three rings were missing from her bedroom. The total value of the rings was $16,000, deputies reported. There was no sign of forced entry. The case was forwarded to the Criminal Investigation Bureau.
City of Tonawanda
• WARRANT: April R. Barnes, 21, of Niagara Road, Niagara Falls, surrendered Tuesday on a bench warrant for DWI. She was held for court.