Niagara Gazette

December 2, 2013

Culinary institute briefly evacuated Monday

Staff Reports
Niagara Gazette

Hundreds of culinary students, staff and visitors were spotted huddled across the street from the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute on Monday after smoke filled one of the rooms in the building.

Authorities said students on using a grill forgot to open the overhead vents, and the room they were in filled with smoke. 

The three-alarm incident was over nearly before it started, and there were no reported injuries.