Niagara Gazette

Crime

December 2, 2013

Culinary institute briefly evacuated Monday

Hundreds of culinary students, staff and visitors were spotted huddled across the street from the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute on Monday after smoke filled one of the rooms in the building.

Authorities said students on using a grill forgot to open the overhead vents, and the room they were in filled with smoke. 

The three-alarm incident was over nearly before it started, and there were no reported injuries.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Crime
Featured Ads
House Ads
AP Video
Opinion
House Ads
Night & Day
Twitter News
Follow us on twitter
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Front page