• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested following a premise check between 7 and 7:20 a.m. Saturday at a house in the 1900 block of LaSalle Avenue. Talon Vanevery, 21, 1513 Pierce Ave., was charged with second-degree burglary, fourth-degree criminal mischief and resisting arrest after police reportedly responded to the building and found two broken windows. Inside, police report finding boxes of ammunition and located a man, later identified as Vanevery, laying down on a mattress on the second floor. Police tried to wake him, but he didn’t comply, according to reports. They tried handcuffing him but he resisted and was combative before force was used to take him in to custody. While in custody, he reportedly told police, “You guys should warrant that house. There’s all kinds of ammunition in there. It looks like whoever is in there is trying to make it. To be honest, that’s why I was in there. I was hoping I could sell some to get some weed.”
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested following a neighborly dispute at 11 p.m. Friday in the 1100 block of Ashland Avenue. Dennis Townsend, 50, 1152 Ashland Ave., was charged with second-degree assault with a weapon, third-degree criminal mischief and second-degree harassment after police say he hit a 49-year-old man in the head with a golf club. The victim said he went outside to help move a broken tree branch from an elderly neighbor’s property when Townsend approached him and asked him not to put the branch by his wife’s vehicle. The victim reportedly told him he wasn’t planning on it and the two went their separate ways. Later, while he was sitting on his porch, the victim said Townsend showed up and demanded he move the branch. When the victim reportedly refused, Townsend allegedly hit him with the golf club, breaking the victim’s glasses and causing a cut which, according to reports, required stitches to close.
• ARREST: A Falls woman was arrested following a report of an unwanted person at 3:23 p.m. Friday at a casino in the 300 block of Fourth Street. Tina Abbo, 41, 448 77th St., was charged with third-degree criminal trespass and removed from the property. She told officers she was trying to cash out from the night before after she’d allegedly been removed then, as well.
City of Lockport
• DWI: Darlene R. Townsend, 44, 172 High St. Apt. 3 was charged Thursday with misdemeanor driving while intoxicated, unreasonable speed, disobeying a stop sign, failure to signal and having no inspection. At 10:15 p.m. city police made a traffic stop for several infractions on Washburn Street. According to the arrest report, Townsend failed field sobriety tests and her breath test yielded a 0.09 percent blood alcohol content. During the booking process, a small metal pipe which is commonly used smoking crack cocaine was located in Townsend’s purse, police said. The evidence was sent to the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office for testing. Further charges are pending.
• LARCENY: Shyheim E. Maye, 17, of 18th Street, Niagara Falls, was arrested for petit larceny on Thursday. Further information was unavailable.
• LARCENY: Shawn I. Brinson Jr., 23, of Pine Avenue, Niagara Falls, was arrested for petit larceny on Thursday. Further information was unavailable.