• FIRE: Police and firefighters responded to a call of a fire in a home in the 500 block of 75th Street Sunday afternoon. The residents of the home told police they had tried to start a fire in their fireplace, but debris in the chimney ignited and caused the blaze.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested on drug and other charges after a traffic stop in the 3200 block of Highland Avenue at 4:45 p.m. Sunday. Police said they stopped Davonne "Day Day" Perry after they observed him driving at a high rate of speed. Officers said there was a strong odor of marijuana in Perry's car and he told them, "I smoked up a little while ago." Perry also told the officers, "I have a little more (marijuana) in my sock." He then gave he officers a baggie that contained a small quantity of pot. Perry, 25, 1335 Niagara Ave., was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and speeding.
• ARREST: A Falls woman was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 1500 block of Military Road at 6:30 p.m. Saturday. Shannon Naomi Rolling, 27, 1120 Pierce Ave., was charged with petit larceny. Rolling is accused of taking more than $445 worth of merchandise without paying for it.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested after security guards at Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center caught him drinking a beer in a rest room at 9:30 a.m. Sunday. David Gerald Grimaldi, 45, 462 Fourth St., Apt. 1, was charged with criminal trespass.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested following a traffic stop at 5:26 p.m. Friday in the vicinity of Highland and Fairfield avenues. Leonard Evans, 39, 2807 McKoon Ave., was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana after a vehicle he was a passenger in was stopped by police. He reportedly told police he and the vehicle's driver had been smoking marijuana but had discarded the blunt after police turned emergency lights on. He also reportedly said he had some unused marijuana on his person and surrendered approximately 4 grams to police, according to the report.
• ARREST: A Grand Island woman was arrested following a shoplifting incident which occurred at 5 p.m. Friday at a business in the 1500 block of Military Road. Denise Sanchez, 38, 262 Laurie Lane, Grand Island, was charged with petit larceny after a store security employee reported witnessing her take makeup from store shelves and put it in her purse. She then reportedly passed all points of sale and left the store without paying. The property is valued at $42.48.
• ARRESTS: A pair of Niagara Falls men were arrested following a traffic stop which occurred between 2:28 and 2:50 p.m. Friday in the 1100 block of Fairfield Avenue. Jason Pysz, 27, 3625 Woodland Ave., was charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of marijuana and Eric Jones, 18, 2934 22nd St., was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, after border patrol reportedly stopped a vehicle they were in which was registered to a Buffalo resident not present inside. Pysz, who was reportedly driving, was taken into custody while Jones, the back seat passenger, was released with an appearance ticket.
• THEFT: Police are investigating a reported theft which occurred between 4 p.m. Thursday and 9:30 p.m. Friday from residence in the 600 block of Fourth Street. The victim, a 20-year-old woman, told police she returned home from from staying with a relative to find her door open and damage to the door frame. She said a purse belonging to her was emptied on her bed and $50 cash was missing.