• SHOOTING: Police are investigating a shooting incident at a New Year's Eve party in the 300 block of 74th Street. Officers said they responded to a call of "shots fired" at 11:10 p.m. and when they arrived on the scene, an 18-year-old man told them he had given a 19-year-old man a ride home from the party after he had gotten drunk and began arguing with people. The victim said he returned to the suspect's house after he forgot his jacket and when he arrived, the suspect was uncooperative. As the victim went to leave the home, the suspect walked out on his front porch with a shotgun and fired two shots in the air. Detectives tried to locate the suspect a short time later, but were unsuccessful.
• ARREST: A Pennsylvania woman was arrested after she attempted to cross the Rainbow Bridge into Canada with weapons in her vehicle. Eva Marie Lally, 32, 131 Brookview Drive, Midland, Pa., was charged with two counts of fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon and two traffic tickets. Lally had an unloaded shotgun, a hand-held crossbow and two stun guns in her vehicle when it was inspected by Canadian Border Services agents in Niagara Falls, Ont., at 3 a.m. Tuesday.
• BURGLARY: Officers are looking into a burglary in the 3200 block of North Avenue. A 24-year-old man told police that sometime between 7 p.m. Monday and 11:30 a.m. Tuesday someone broke into his home by forcing open a rear bedroom window. The victim said two TVs, a laptop computer and PlayStation3 gaming system were taken.
• THEFT: Police are investigating a vandalism and theft incident in the 2200 block of Whitney Avenue. A 34-year-old woman told officers that sometime between 8 and 8:56 p.m. Tuesday, someone smashed the windshield, slashed the two rear tires and damaged the steering column of her 1997 Chevy Monte Carlo. The victim also said a CD player in the car was taken. A witness told police they saw two males damaging the vehicle and called for help.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested after he jumped from a vehicle being chased by police in the 1800 block of Michigan Avenue at 3:01 p.m. Tuesday. Officers were attempting to stop the vehicle to investigate a report that the occupants of the car had a sawed-off shotgun. Police were able to stop the car at the intersection of 16th Street and Michigan Avenue, The remaining passengers and the driver of the car fled the area, but officers found a sawed-off shotgun in the trunk of the vehicle. Jheryl Brashad Carter, 23, 416 12th St., was charged with third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, resisting arrest and unlawful possession of marijuana. Carter also had pot in his possession when he was taken into custody.
• ROBBERY: Detectives are looking for a suspect in connection with an armed robbery of a convenience store in the 1500 block of Pine Avenue. A clerk told patrol officers that a male suspect entered the store at 10:20 p.m. Tuesday and walked straight to the front counter. The suspect pulled out a large steak knife and demanded cash from the register. The clerk gave the suspect an undisclosed amount of money and five packs of Newport cigarettes. The suspect was last seen running west on Pine Avenue toward 15th Street.
• GRAND LARCENY: The owner of Salon Nouveau on Sawyer Road reported sometime between Saturday and Tuesday January 1 an unknown person entered the salon and stole $1,300 from a cash box.