• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested on a shoplifting complaint at 8:15 p.m. Friday at a store in the 8400 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard. John Smith Jr., 48, 432 23rd St., was charged with petit larceny after police said he fled the store with 14 containers of female body spray following a confrontation with the business manager. The manager told police he confronted the man in the store about concealed items and the man handed two containers of spray to him. When the manager asked for more, the man ran north on Military Road into the Town of Niagara. Town of Niagara police detained the man, who was identified by the manager from a photograph. The items are valued at $36.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested at 1 a.m. Saturday in the 500 block of Fifth Street. Fredrick Johnson, 30, 552 Fifth St., was charged with disorderly conduct after police said he caused a scene while in the alley behind his residence. According to reports, police arrived at the house after receiving an anonymous complaint and heard a man yell “Come back here” from the alley. Upon investigating, police said the man was belligerent and began swearing at them. After repeatedly attempting to get him to calm down, officers report, he was taken into custody. Police said during transport, Johnson complained about use of flashlights by officers and threatened to sue the department for unknown reasons.
• FIRST AID: Police are investigating a reported injury between 10:05 and 10:15 p.m. Friday in the 1300 block of Elmwood Avenue. The victim, a 19-year-old woman, was spotted laying on the sidewalk with a bloody nose and a contusion on the right side of her head, according to reports. Police say the woman was unintelligible at the scene and was transported to Erie County Medical Center by ambulance due to the injuries. Officers reported finding a number of unidentified red pills at the scene, including in her purse.
• DWI: David Haseley, 10420 Lockport Road, Niagara Falls, was charged with driving while intoxicated and failure to keep right early Friday. Haseley was remanded to Niagara County Jail on $250 bail ahead of a late Friday appearance in Town Court.
• UNLICENSED OPERATION: Jonathan Berkhoudt, of Hickford Drive, Tonawanda, was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle Friday. Berkhoudt was held on $250 bail. He is due in Town Court on Tuesday.