Niagara Gazette

June 19, 2013

Detectives are investigating additional allegations of sexual misconduct against Falls principal

By Rick Pfeiffer
Niagara Gazette

The investigation into possible sexual misconduct by a Niagara Falls school principal has expanded.
Police sources confirm to the Gazette that two more women have come forward with allegations of sexual misconduct against Patrick Kuciewski, the principal at 79th Street School.

 
Falls Police Superintendent Bryan DalPorto said detectives were still actively investigating the allegations against Kuciewski.

 
“We are asking anyone who may have information in this case to come forward and speak to us,” DalPorto said. 

 
Kuciewski was placed on paid administrative leave last week by the Falls School District after police began investigating a single charge of sexual misconduct made against him.

 
The well-known principal was questioned by Falls police detectives on June 10. Kuciewski was taken out of the school and brought to police headquarters, where he was interviewed for an unknown amount of time. 

 
After the interview, Kuciewski was released without any criminal charges. Kuciewski was not taken into custody at the school or transported in handcuffs.

 
DalPorto said police were “acting on a complaint” at the time Kuciewski was interviewed. 

 
Sources tell the Gazette the allegations of sexual misconduct may date as far back as 15 years. Generally, the statute of limitations on crimes of that nature is five years.

 
School district attorney Angelo Massaro has said the matter is also under investigation by the district. The district has refused to comment further on what is being called “a personnel issue.”

 
“There’s been some allegations made which the district is now reviewing and will be investigating,” Massaro said. “This matter has nothing to do with 79th Street School or the 79th Street School community. Until the investigation is complete, we cannot comment any further.”