Niagara Gazette

April 24, 2013

BLOTTER: Police reports published April 23

Staff Reports
Niagara Gazette


Body foundin upper Niagara River

Police have recovered a body from the upper Niagara River near the New York Power Authority intakes. 
New York State Parks Police confirmed the discovery of the body Monday afternoon. Police said the matter is still under investigation before declining additional comment. 
Niagara Falls

• MENACING: A Falls woman told police early Monday morning that a man she had argued with in a store last week and continued to fight with on Facebook fired two gunshots at her and her son shortly after midnight Monday. The woman said she was walking from her car to her South Avenue home with her son when she heard a gunshot. She turned to see the man she’d been arguing with standing in a field across the street. As she ran to her home, she said the man fired a second shot before getting in a silver Chevy Tahoe and driving off. Officers could not find the spot where the man fired off the gun but witnesses confirmed the shooting, telling police, “They were trying to pop her ...” The woman showed police several threatening messages on Facebook.

• CHARGED: Jason F. Stephan, 22, 3272 Love Road, was charged with petit larceny about 5 p.m. Sunday at a store on the 7200 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard, according to Falls police. Officers say staff at the store watched Stephan take 10 cans of Met RX protein shakes and two 12-packs of Peach Snapple and try to leave the store without paying. He was taken into custody without incident. The value of the items taken was listed at $71.88.
• BURGLARY: Falls police were called to an apartment on the 1400 block of Walnut Avenue Sunday night for a report of a burglary. The resident said sometime between 8:30 p.m. Thursday and 12:30 a.m. Friday someone damaged a door, entered the apartment and took TV, Playstation 3 gaming system and a game. Tires and rims, an amplifier and a speaker were also taken from a basement area. Neighbors told police they saw two carry a large TV out of the apartment, head to the backyard and climb over a fence with the TV but did not call police. When officers asked why they didn’t call, the neighbors reportedly had no answer.