A/C unit stolen from fire company
A member of the South Lockport Fire Co. reported Thursday that sometime over the past year someone took a $3,500 air conditioning unit.
The unit was located outside a building that the fire company owns, just east of the fire department. The member was unable to provide a make, model or description of the a/c unit.
• INCIDENT: Police are investigating a shooting incident in the 400 block of 20th Street. A witness told officers he was sitting in his living room at 4:06 a.m. Sunday, when he heard gunshots. The witness said he looked out his window and saw two cars speeding away. Officers said they recovered a bullet fragment and four bullet casings from the scene.
• BURGLARY: Officers are looking into a burglary in the 1300 block of Willow Avenue. A 36-year-old woman told police that sometime between 11:30 p.m. Saturday and 8:30 a.m. Sunday, someone entered her home through an unlocked window. The victim said an Xbox 360 game system and some video games were taken.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 400 block of 18th Street. A 20-year-old woman told officers that sometime between 12:30 and 2 p.m. Friday someone entered her apartment, possibly through an unlocked door. The victim said two rented TVs, that she was behind on the payments for, were taken.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into an SUV break-in in the 7300 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard. A tourist told police that sometime between 8:30 and 9:20 p.m. Sunday someone broke into his 2008 Buick Enclave by smashing the rear driver's-side window. The victim said three suitcases and several shopping bags were taken.
• THEFT: Police are investigating a theft from an outdoor vendor at One Niagara. A worker told officers he went to put garbage in a dumpster at 12:31 a.m. Monday and when he returned, a minute later, the cash register he was using had been taken. The register contained an undisclosed amount of cash.