• ARREST: A Williamsville man was arrested on a drunken driving charge after a traffic stop at 70th Street and Niagara Falls Boulevard at 3:15 a.m. Wednesday. Jacob M. Balch, 26, 132 D Harrogate Square, was charged with driving while intoxicated and failure to keep right.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 1100 block of Ontario Avenue. A 43-year-old man told officers that sometime between 10 a.m. Sunday and 10:30 a.m. Wednesday someone broke into a home he was taking care of by kicking in a door. The man said a quantity of copper pipe and a hot water tank were taken.
• BURGLARY: Officers are looking into a burglary in the 2700 block of Independence Avenue, A 54-year-old man told police that sometime between noon and 6 p.m. Wednesday someone broke into his home by prying open a door. The victim said some expensive watches, a 42-inch TV, a tablet computer, $200 in change and another $200 in bills was taken.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 1800 block of Ontario Avenue. A 39-year-old woman told officers that sometime between 3 p.m. Tuesday and 3 p.m. Wednesday, someone broke into her garage by prying open a door. The victim said a snow blower was taken.
• FIRE: A Davison Road eatery closed for the day after smoke from a laundromat fire two doors down filled the establishment early Thursday morning. The Village Eatery Italian Bistro, located at 429 Davison Road, will reopen today at 11 a.m., a sign on the door said. Cleaning crews were inside the restaurant Thursday, cleaning the smoke and soot that got in, said Carolyn Tice-Bishop, who works at the restaurant. The fire started sometime early Thursday morning, said the owner of Davison Road Laundromat. He added that the fire started in one of the dryers.