Police are investigating an early morning stabbing on Sunday that left one person dead.
At 4:30 a.m., police showed up to the scene of the incident at 26 Blackmore Street in the Town of Tonawanda.
Edmund M. Serwinowski, 22, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder.
Police were waiting to release the victim’s name.
— Channel 4 News
* THEFTS: Police are investigating a pair of thefts from a gas station in the 7900 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard on Saturday. Officers are looking for a Syracuse man who drove away after failing to pay for more than $100 worth of gas at 8:28 p.m. They are also looking for a suspect who was pumping gas at 5:40 p.m. and appeared suspicious to managers because he was smoking by the gas pump and had bent his license plates so that the numbers and letters on them could not be seen. When the managers approached the man, he jumped into his truck and tried to drive away. As he did, the man struck a pedestrian. That victim was not seriously hurt.
n ARREST: A Falls man was arrested after he assaulted and tried to stab another man during a fight in the 6800 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard at 3 a.m. Sunday. John E. Welch Jr., 52, 6817 Niagara Falls Blvd., Apt. 5, was charged with second-degree menacing.
• BURGLARY: Officers are looking into a burglary in the 700 block of 17th Street. A 36-year-old woman told police that sometime between 6 and 10:10 p.m. Saturday someone broke into her home through an unlocked window. The victim said an engagement ring and some prescription pills were taken.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 100 block of 63rd Street. A 52-year-old woman told officers that sometime between 9 a.m. Tuesday and 5 p.m. Friday someone broke into her home by unknown means. The victim said a gold necklace, a pair of diamond earrings and some gift cards were taken.
• BURGLARY: Officers are looking into a burglary in the 3100 block of Ninth Street. A 54-year-old woman told police that sometime between 10:45 and 11:45 a.m. Sunday someone broke into her home by unknown means. The victim said a 55-inch TV, which was being rented, was taken.
• MARIJUANA: Desper M. Wilson, 29, 23 Sumner Place, Buffalo, was charged at 10:26 a.m. Friday with unlawful possession of marijuana. Niagara County Sheriff’s deputies pulled over Wilson on Niagara Falls Boulevard for failure to keep right. Deputies said they could smell pot in her car and Wilson handed over a pill bottle with $50 of marijuana in it. She was released on an appearance ticket.
• BURGLARY: A Walmore Road man called sheriff’s deputies at 6:53 a.m. Thursday to report his garage had been broken into and a variety of tools and other items estimated at $6,550 had been stolen. Detectives are investigating the case, but no arrests were reported.