Niagara Gazette

Crime

January 4, 2014

FIRE CALLS: Niagara Falls fire reports published Jan. 4

For the period of Dec. 16 to 29, the Niagara Falls Fire Department responded to 240 calls. The total number of service calls for 2013 to date is 6,400.

• FIRE: On Dec. 18, Platoon 1 sent a full assignment, 1:24 p.m., to a fire in a bathroom at a gas station in the 500 block of Main Street. A short in a fan in the bathroom was the cause of the fire. Damage was estimated at $500.

• FIRE: On Dec. 18, a fire in a 2002 Chevy truck, at 10:31 p.m., dispatched Engine 3 to the 2900 block of North Avenue. Damage was listed at $1,000. This intentionally set fire remains under investigation.

• INCIDENT: On Dec. 22, Engine 4 and Truck 1 responded, at 8:52 a.m., to a call of residents in a building in the 600 block of Chilton Avenue suffering from possible carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms. Flu-like feelings and fatigue are present during carbon monoxide poisoning. The arriving crews discovered a problem with the furnace in the basement of the building. Firefighters using carbon monoxide detection meters determined the CO concentration in the air was at a dangerous level of 350 parts per million. The residents were evacuated until the furnace could be repaired.

• FIRE: On Dec. 23, Platoon 3 went, at 4:32 p.m., to the 400 block of 38th Street for a report of a structure fire. Careless smoking resulted in a mattress catching on fire. Fire and smoke damage was pegged at $500. Smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector violations were corrected on the scene by the owner.

• FIRE: On Dec. 27, Engine 8’s crew, consisting of Capt. Frank Sillett and firefighters Dave Seguin, Thomas Cutler, and Gordon Stewart III, were called, at 10:21 a.m., to an industrial facility in the 2500 block of Buffalo Avenue for a report of a man burned in an accidental explosion. They tended to the victim, who incurred severe burns, and to another patient who suffered burn injuries while trying to assist his co-worker. Both patients were taken to local hospitals for further treatment.

• FIRE: On Dec. 27, a short in an electrical outlet, at 1:27 p.m., started a fire which sent Platoon 2 to the 700 block of Pierce Avenue. The fire caused $500 damage and citations for no smoke or carbon monoxide detectors were issued to the owner.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Crime
Featured Ads
House Ads
AP Video
Ariz. Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution Began Crash Kills Teen Pilot Seeking World Record LeBron James Sends Apology Treat to Neighbors Raw: Funeral for Man Who Died in NYPD Custody Migrants Back in Honduras After US Deports Israeli American Reservist Torn Over Return Raw: ISS Cargo Ship Launches in Kazakhstan Six Indicted in StubHub Hacking Scheme Former NTSB Official: FAA Ban 'prudent' EPA Gets Hip With Kardashian Tweet Bodies of MH17 Victims Arrive in the Netherlands Biden Decries Voting Restrictions in NAACP Talk Broncos Owner Steps Down Due to Alzheimer's US, UN Push Shuttle Diplomacy in Mideast Trump: DC Hotel Will Be Among World's Best Plane Crashes in Taiwan, Dozens Feared Dead Republicans Hold a Hearing on IRS Lost Emails Raw: Mourners Gather As MH17 Bodies Transported Robot Parking Valet Creates Stress-free Travel Raw: Fight Breaks Out in Ukraine Parliament
Opinion
House Ads
Night & Day
Twitter News
Follow us on twitter
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Front page