• CHARGED: Donald E. Bracikowski, 56, 8405 Troy Ave., was charged DWI, improper right turn and failure to signal about 2:30 a.m. Tuesday, according to Falls police. Officers initially noticed Bracikowski commit the traffic offenses near 72nd Street and Girard Avenue. After initiating a traffic stop, the officer said Bracikowski pulled into a driveway on 69th Street and fled from the car. He eluded the first officer, dropping his cigarettes and cell phone in the process, but was caught by another officer on 70th Street. He was brought to police headquarters where his blood alcohol content was measured at 0.19 percent.
• THEFT: A Minnesota man told Falls police that he parked his '12 Toyota Venza on the 100 block of Buffalo Avenue about noon Tuesday to go see the falls with his family. They returned about 6:15 p.m. to find a rear window smashed and an Armani bag containing a laptop computer, iPad, Nintendo DS and games and passports missing. The estimated loss is $2,660.
• THEFT: An employee of a gas station on the 6300 block of Buffalo Avenue told police that a man came into the store about 7:45 p.m. Tuesday and bought some candy. As the employee was getting the man change, the man reached into the cash register and took $20 and fled the store.
• STOLEN VEHICLE: A Falls man told police that he passed out at a friend's apartment on Ferry Avenue early Tuesday morning and when he awoke several hours later, his car keys and '94 Oldsmobile 88 were missing. Prior to passing out, the man said he was in the apartment with two women and an unknown man.
• ILLEGAL DUMPING: Falls police were called to a motel on the 9100 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard on Tuesday where the owner pointed out a mattress and several other items left behind his dumpster. Video surveillance of two men taking items from a Ford Explorer and dumping them in the lot was provided to police. Police said there is also video surveillance of the Explorer coming from a nearby trailer park three minutes before the items were dumped at the hotel.