A Niagara County Sheriff's deputy was called to a John Granville Drive home on Sunday morning after a kitten got trapped in the home's ductwork.
When the deputy arrived, the resident said the kitten she was watching fell into a heat vent in her daughter's room. The deputy was able to trace the kitten back to the mechanical room, where it was located in the furnace.
Members of Adams Fire Co. were called to the home and eventually cut open the ductwork in order to get at the trapped feline.
The deputy noted the kitten was removed unharmed and returned to the resident.