Person swept over falls
A person went over Niagara Falls adjacent to Table Rock at around shortly after midnight Wednesday.
Niagara Parks Police responded to the area at the brink of Niagara Falls for reports of a person in the water of the upper Niagara River. Niagara Falls Fire Department and Niagara Regional Police assisted with the search.
An extensive search was done using thermal imaging with the assistance of the United States Coast Guard with no results.
Police continue to investigate. Police say the incident is not being considered suspicious.
— Niagara Falls, Ont., Review
• THEFT: Officers are looking into an SUV break-in in a parking lot in the 6500 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard. A 67-year-old female tourist told police that she was in a restaurant from 4:20 to 5 p.m. Wednesday when someone broke into her 2012 Nissan Pathfinder by smashing the front and rear driver’s-side windows. The victim said her purse was taken.
• THEFT: Police are investigating a car break-in in a parking lot in the 8600 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard. A 78-year-old man told officers that he was eating in a restaurant between 4:15 and 4:30 p.m. Wednesday when someone broke into his 2013 Chevy Impala by smashing the rear driver’s-side window. The victim said his daughter’s purse was taken.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a car break-in in the 100 block of Old Main Street. A 48-year-old female tourist from Switzerland told police that sometime between 10:30 and 11:50 a.m. Wednesday someone broke into her 2013 Chevy Malibu by smashing a passenger-side window. The victim said a laptop computer, two cameras, an iPhone and some cash was taken.
• SHOOTING: Police say two vehicles were damaged after an apparent shooting incident in the 1000 block of Fairfield Avenue. Officers said witnesses reported hearing “numerous gun shots” between 2:30 and 4:30 a.m. Wednesday in that area. One vehicle had two bullet holes and another vehicle had its window shot out.
• ARREST: Police responded to a three-car accident on Center Street at 10:39 p.m. Wednesday. Officers arrested the 41-year-old male driver of the vehicle that caused the accident and charged him with aggravated driving while intoxicated. The man had a reported blood alcohol level of 0.19 percent . No one was seriously injured in the accident.
Town of Wheatfield
• ADVISORY: The Niagara County Sheriff’s Office reports an increase in criminal mischief complaints in the Wheatfield Lakes Subdivision of the Town of Wheatfield. The majority of complaints have come in the evening and overnight hours. Residents are advised to report any suspicious activity to the sheriff’s office.
• GUN TURNED OVER: A sheriff’s deputy was sent to Ide Road on Wednesday where he met a woman who turned over a .22-caliber revolver. She told the deputy her father recently died and she did not have a pistol permit. She wanted the sheriff’s office to hold the weapon till she obtains a permit or sells the weapon. A property receipt was provided to the woman.