• ROBBERY: Police are investigating a robbery at a Niagara Street pizzeria. Employees told officers two male suspects entered the business at 10:40 p.m. Wednesday, both were armed with rifles. One of the suspects pointed his rifle at the employees and demanded money. The employees said they then ran out the back door of the business. The suspects then ran out the front door of the business, ran down Niagara Street and got into a car in the 400 block of 23rd Street and made their getaway. Investigators say they have surveillance video of the robbery attempt.
• ARRESTS: Two Falls men were arrested after they were caught in the act of burglarizing a vacant house in the 1000 block of 19th Street. Police said they responded to a call of a burglary in progress at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in the area of 19th Street and Ashland Avenue. When they arrived, officers said they spotted a male suspect jump from a window of a vacant home and begin running east through a backyard. As officers approached the home, they saw a second and third suspect also jump from the window. All three suspects were taken into custody. A Niagara County Sheriff’s Office K-9 deputy responded to check the house for additional suspects, but none were found. Demario R. Thomas, 16, 1876 South Ave., was charged with third-degree criminal trespass, resisting arrest and unlawful possession of marijuana. Michael Angelo Silmon, 17, 1881 South Ave., was charged with third-degree criminal trespass and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance. The third suspect was a juvenile and no information on his arrest was made public.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into theft from a business in the 4800 block of Willow Avenue. The business owner told police that sometime between 5 p.m. Sunday and 8 a.m. Wednesday, someone took two, one-inch steel plates from his lot.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 3100 block of Ninth Street. A maintenance man told officers that sometime between 10 a.m. Tuesday and 1 p.m. Wednesday someone broke into an apartment in his complex by breaking two front windows of the residence. The maintenance man said a hot water tank and the copper pipe in the apartment were taken.
• BURGLARY: Officers are looking into a burglary in the 1300 block of Whitney Avenue. A 53-year-old man told police that sometime between noon and 9:45 p.m. Wednesday someone broke into his home by smashing the glass on a door and then prying it open. The victim said a 72-inch television and a laptop computer were taken.
• SHOOTING: Police are investigating a shooting outside a bar in the 1500 block of Pine Avenue. A 22-year-old woman told officers she was standing outside the bar, at 1:24 a.m., facing west, when she heard two shots come from behind her. The victim said the shots “sounded like a pellet gun” and she immediately felt pain in the back of her left leg. X-rays later showed what appeared to be a .22 caliber bullet, lodged in her lower leg.