• ARREST: A Niagara Falls man was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 1800 block of Pine Avenue at 10:55 a.m. Monday. Kenneth Ellison, 53, 2322 14th St, Apt. 2, was charged with petit larceny and third-degree criminal trespass. He is accused of taking a box full of merchandise out of the store without paying for the items. Ellison had also been previously banned from entering the store because of other shoplifting incidents.
• BURGLARY: Officers are looking into a burglary in the 500 block of 17th Street. A 54-year-old man told police that sometime between 2 and 3 p.m. Monday someone broke into his garage by cutting a series of locks of the doors. The victim said six chain saws, two torches, a power drill, two compressors, a refrigerator, a cable box, a car battery, a battery charges and the keys to a Rolls Royce were taken.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 1100 block of Garden Avenue. A 56-year-old man told officers that sometime between noon Friday and 3 p.m. Monday someone broke into his home by smashing a window on a door. The victim said a hot water tank and 18 feet of copper pipe was taken.
• ROBBERY: Officers are looking into a robbery in the 600 block alley between Ninth and 10th streets. An 18-year-old teen told police that he was walking in the area at 4 p.m. Monday, when he was “jumped” by two men. The victim said he was punched in the face and body and that the suspects took his iPhone, a baseball cap, his shoes and some cash.
Town of Lockport
• LARCENY: Nicole M. Houghton, 32, 6594 Charlotteville Road, Newfane, was charged with fourth-degree grand larceny and petit larceny Saturday. Houghton is accused of taking a purse, which contained cash, a bank card, vehicle keys and an iPhone, from a waitress at Willowbrook Golf Course, Lake Avenue, on Friday, according to the Niagara County Sheriff's office. Houghton was held on $1,000 bail ahead of her arraignment Thursday in Lockport Town Court.