NIAGARA FALLS —
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 1300 block of Pine Avenue at 5:01 p.m. Saturday. Sean C. Gray, 24, 518 19th St., Apt. 2, was charged with second-degree harassment and petit larceny. A store manager told officers that Gray took $65 worth of socks and underway without paying for the items. The manager said Gray fought with him as he tried to hold the suspect for police.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 300 block of Third Street. A 49-year-old man told officers that sometime between noon Friday and 4 p.m. Saturday someone broke into his storage garage by taking the padlock hinge off. The victim said more than $3,500 worth of construction materials was taken.
• BURGLARY: Officers are looking into a burglary in the 300 block of 23rd Street. A 29-year-old woman told police that sometime between 8:30 p.m. Saturday and 12:05 a.m. Sunday someone broke into her home by breaking the lock on a bedroom window. The victim said a 32-inch TV and a PlayStation game system were taken.
• SHOOTING: Police are investigating a shooting incident at Tennessee Avenue and 17th Street. A 39-year-old woman told officers she was passing a car at the intersection at 4:15 a.m. Sunday when a man got out of the car and began shooting at her. A bullet shattered the window of the victim’s vehicle but she was not injured. There were also four bullet holes in the passenger side of the vehicle.
NIAGARA FALLS —
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 31
Officers are looking into a van break-in in the 1700 block of Walnut Avenue.
Wheatfield lightning strike leaves hole in living room ceiling
A Brian Lane resident was shaken up Wednesday afternoon after lightning struck her home, putting a hole in the ceiling of her living room.
Man's bizarre behavior after Lewiston traffic stop leads to drug charges
A Ransomville man who was acting bizarrely after nearly causing a head-on collision in Lewiston Tuesday night was eventually charged with a pair of drug-related charges.
Buffalo man facing drug charges after festival death
A local man is facing narcotics charges in connection to the overdose death of another man at a New York City music festival.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 30
Police are investigating a burglary in the 700 block of Seventh Street.
Quiet streets a relief for Falls police
Falls police expressed relief Tuesday night that the city's streets in the North and South Ends had been "eerily quiet" for 48 hours.
Lockport bank robbery suspect sought
The M&T Bank branch at Walnut and Pine streets was robbed just after noon Tuesday.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 29
Police are investigating a burglary in the 2700 block of Falls Street.
Coast Guard rescues three from disabled sailboat near Youngstown
The U.S. Coast Guard says it has rescued three people from a disabled sailboat on Lake Ontario.
Lottery tickets and $10 taken in Lockport bowling alley burglary
Niagara County Sheriff's deputies were called to Allie Brandt Lanes on Lincoln Avenue early Sunday morning after staff discovered the bowling alley had been burglarized.
- More Crime Headlines
- BLOTTER: Police reports published July 31