Three injured in four-car crash on South Transit Road
A four-vehicle crash on South Transit Road sent three people to the hospital Monday morning.
South bound lanes of South Transit Road were closed off for about two hours after the 6:19 a.m. crash near the entrance of The Village manufactured housing park.
New York State police report that a 27-year-old Lockport man made a left turn from The Village onto South Transit, into the path of a northbound vehicle, causing a four-vehicle collision.
He was treated and released from Eastern Niagara Hospital — Lockport.
Also injured were a 49-year-old Lockport woman, who was transported by Mercy Flight to Erie County Medical Center for treatment of neck and back pain, and a 36-year-old Cheektowaga man who was treated and released from ECMC after being taken there by ambulance.
The fourth vehicle operator, a 29-year-old man from Williamsville, and his 3-year-old son escaped injury, according to police.
Investigation of the accident is ongoing.
• ROBBERY: Police are investigating an armed robbery in the area of 29th Street and Grand Avenue. A clerk at a convenience store told officers two suspects entered the business at 1:50 a.m. Saturday. Both suspects were wearing black hoodies. One had a red bandana covering his face and the other concealed his face with a white cloth. One of the suspects pulled a handgun from the waistband of his pants and racked the slide as he entered the store. That suspect told the clerk, "Come over here, put your hands up and I won't have to shoot you." The suspect demanded cash and the clerk opened a register and placed the drawer on a counter. A suspect then grabbed the drawer and both men ran out of the store, heading westbound.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into an SUV break-in in the 1600 block of 98th Street. A 35-year-old woman told police that sometime between 2 and 11 a.m. Sunday someone broke into her 2004 Mercury Mountaineer by smashing a passenger-side window. The victim said the vehicle's stereo system and speakers were taken.
• THEFT: Police are investigating an SUV break-in in the 1300 block of Walnut Avenue. A 29-year-old man told officers that sometime between 5:30 p.m. Saturday and 5 p.m. Sunday someone broke into his 2003 GMC Yukon by breaking a rear window. The victim said his gym bag was taken.
City of Tonawanda
• DWI: Ryan M. Michaels, 33 of Robert Drive, North Tonawanda, was charged Monday with DWI, unlawful possession of marijuana and speeding. He refused to take the breath test and was held for court.
• DWI: Brittany A. Riordan, 24, of Bonnett Avenue, Town of Tonawanda, was charged Sunday with DWI, failure to keep right and driving to the left of the pavement markings. Her blood alcohol content was measured at 0.12 percent and she was held for court.
• ROBBERY: Lockport Police are investigating an armed robbery of the 7-Eleven convenience store at 95 South Transit St. Police said two men entered the store about 4 a.m. Sunday, one of them carrying a firearm. Officers responded within minutes, but the suspects took off on foot with an undetermined amount of money and other items from the store.