No deal for driver in fatal May 19 crash on Walmore Road
An effort to strike a plea deal in a fatal auto accident in the Town of Lewiston has apparently failed.
Toohey sentenced to 33 months over role in Seneca golf course land scam
It took 10 adjournments before he was sentenced but disbarred Lewiston lawyer Timothy Toohey will now be spending the next 33 months in a federal prison.
Pair indicted in fatal North Avenue shooting
A Niagara County grand jury has indicted a North Carolina couple in the shooting death of a Falls woman.
North Carolina murder suspect pleads not guilty in North Avenue shooting
A Niagara County grand jury has indicted a North Carolina man on murder and weapons charges in the shooting death of a Falls woman.
- Attorneys debate diagnosis in nursing home beating case A defense attorney for Chester Rusek, the 88-year-old man accused of brutally beating his nursing home roommate, argued Monday that his client's recent dementia diagnosis should be entered as evidence in the manslaughter trial.
- Depetris wants out of isolation at Niagara County Jail Timothy Depetris spends his days at the Niagara County Jail alone, locked in a small cell, and isolated from the rest of the inmate population.
- Teen gets weekends in jail for SUV assault Liana Nieves, the Town of Tonawanda teen who ran over a girl with an SUV, wept in court Thursday as she was ordered to spend weekends in the Erie County Correctional Facility for the next six months as part of her five year probationary sentence.
- Pawn shop owner takes a plea drug and stolen property charges The owner of a well-known Pine Avenue buy-and-sell shop will face up to five years in prison after his guilty pleas to drug and stolen property charges.
- Mongielo's change of venue motion denied The location for David J. Mongielo's third trial will be Lockport Town Court, a fact confirmed by Justice Raymond E. Schilling's denial of a change of venue Tuesday.
- Lawyers argue evidence in Marchant pretrial Attorneys preparing for the trial of a North Tonawanda woman arrested in February for killing her boyfriend with a kitchen knife argued Wednesday in Niagara County Court over the admissibility of previous domestic incidents for which she was not charged.
- More Courts Headlines
- No deal for driver in fatal May 19 crash on Walmore Road