- SLIDESHOW: Veterans Day marked in Town of Niagara, area eateries The Town of Niagara Lions and Lioness clubs held their annual Veterans Day ceremony at 11 a.m. at Veterans Heights Park.
NU lauded by Military Times; recognizing vets this week
Another high-profile, veteran-friendly organization has ranked Niagara University as one of the nation’s top institutions when it comes to embracing America’s veterans as students.
Local convenience store shows off its solar system
Officials are calling the Crosby's store at Lake Avenue and Old Niagara Road the first solar-powered convenience store in the region, after showing off a new array of solar power panels Wednesday.
'Peacemaker' sailing vessel wintering on Niagara River
The Peacemaker, a 150-foot-long barquentine sailing vessel is scheduled to spend the winter at the marina, catching up on maintenance as it awaits the end of the colder months, Capt. Larry Clinton said.â€©
- Finer things to benefit Community Missions at Sunday auction It seems to happen every year. The auctioneer yells "Sold," and somebody gets a great deal. A couple of years ago a donated lithograph by Pablo Picasso, turned out to have the artist's signature. "We didn't realize it was signed with an original signature," said Don Luce, public relations director for the mission. The person who bought the painting made a lucky purchase. "I think they paid two or three hundred but it was worth a couple thousand," Luce said.
- Many special events, Gazette insert, to honor vets, celebrate Veterans Day There's lots of special events and tributes planned for area veterans throughout the weekend, in honor of Veterans Day on Monday.
- Memorial in Hyde Park will serve as permanent reminder of 5-year-old murder victim Isabella Tennant Dozens of pink balloons floated into the grey November skies Wednesday afternoon as family members and friends revealed a new memorial to Isabella Tennant in Hyde Park.
DELUCA: Prestis mourn loss of Charlie the Chimp, carry on with animal sanctuary work
Charlie died in his sleep on Monday and the Presti family is heartbroken.
- SLIDESHOW: Geese flock to Hyde Park Lake on Wednesday There was a definite need for some air traffic controllers for the sky above Hyde Park on Wednesday as squadrons of migrating geese swooped down on the park.
- Big Fuss fundraising event to help expand Lockport hog farm It doesn't take much for a small, family-owned farm to find itself in some trouble.
- More Communities Headlines