Hornblower boat names announced: Niagara Thunder and Niagara Wonder
The Maid of the Mist will be sharing the Niagara River with the Niagara Thunder and Niagara Wonder boats beginning this spring.
- Local veteran's story airing on American Heroes Channel Monday night A Lockport native's World War II exploits are featured in "Those Damned Engineers," an episode of the six-part series "Against the Odds" that's being shown at 10 tonight on the American Heroes Channel.
- New 'Tuscarora Heroes' edition available A newly revised sixth edition of the "Tuscarora Heroes" book is published and available for sale around the region.
- Niagara-Wheatfield staff facing Sabres alumni, hair clippers on Monday It began as a way to honor the life of someone extremely close to her.
- Almost 30 years after his death, Medal of Honor to be awarded to Lockport man When Pat Kennedy received a call in early February from a woman in the Army telling her that her father was chosen to be a Medal of Honor recipient, she thought it was a scam. After all, her father, Bill Leonard, passed away almost 30 years ago.
DELUCA: Niagara parents considering move for medical marijuana
To really see how you really feel about medical marijuana, you'd have to meet Tony Tallarico. He's 9-years-old and just a beautiful kid, with dark eyes and dark hair. I met him just the other day in his Portage Road home and, as his mom and I talked, he sat in his wheelchair in the middle of his family's small living room repeatedly turning his head left and right, his eyes casting about the room as is he was searching for something.
- A hero's farewell for Ricky Jones Hero -- It was a word spoken over and over and over in the filled to over-flowing sanctuary of Riverside Presbyterian Church on Tuesday morning.
Lockport's Skateland behind in tax payments, faces foreclosure
The owners of Skateland Family Fun Center on Lincoln Avenue announced Sunday that they will be facing foreclosure on the business unless they can come up with a sizable city property tax payment which is due by May.
SLIDESHOW: Olcott Polar Bear Swim for Sight held Sunday
The 45th annual Olcott Polar Bear Swim for Sight was held Sunday afternoon at Olcott Beach.
- Olcott readies for Sunday's big dip Breaking the ice has begun at Olcott Beach in preparation for the brave souls who will charge into Lake Ontario this weekend.
- More Communities Headlines
- Hornblower boat names announced: Niagara Thunder and Niagara Wonder