- Rochester woman hits $500K jackpot at Seneca Niagara Casino A lucky lady from Rochester hit it big Thursday at Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel - to the tune of half a million dollars. At 1:50 p.m., she reached the bonus round on the Geisha Millioni$er slot machine by Aristocrat and correctly unveiled the three "Grand jackpot" coins, winning $500,004.
- Community Missions participating in national '#GivingTuesday' movement Community Missions of Niagara Frontier will join with more than 3,400 organizations across the country in encouraging people to take collaborative action to give back in better, smarter ways to the charities and causes they support. The event will take place Dec. 3, the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
- Fancy fashions and fine food at Friday fundraiser When Nancy Rose volunteered to create a fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club of Niagara Falls, she wanted it to be something different. This Friday, the Youngstown mom has put together a high fashion event, auction and cooking demonstration at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute, that she hopes will raise the bar on fundraising for her favorite organization.
- Archbishop of Ethiopia tours Niagara University The Most Rev. Abune Berhaneyesus D. Souraphiel, C.M., archbishop of Ethiopia, spent most of Tuesday on the campus of Niagara University.
VIDEO: Niagara Falls Chamber forum provides 'Obamacare' details
An expert on "Obamacare" spelled it out in plain English Tuesday at a forum on the Affordable Health Care Act held by the Niagara Falls NY Chamber of Commerce. The lightly attended lunchtime event at the Conference and Event Center of Niagara Falls, provided some explanation of the changes that will take place in the life of New Yorkers.
- SLIDESHOW: Falls Veterans Day ceremony held at Hyde Park memorial A Veterans Day Memorial Service was held at 11 a.m. Monday at the new Niagara Falls Veterans Memorial at Hyde Park.
- SLIDESHOW: Veterans Day marked in Town of Niagara, area eateries The Town of Niagara Lions and Lioness clubs held their annual Veterans Day ceremony at 11 a.m. at Veterans Heights Park.
NU lauded by Military Times; recognizing vets this week
Another high-profile, veteran-friendly organization has ranked Niagara University as one of the nation’s top institutions when it comes to embracing America’s veterans as students.
Local convenience store shows off its solar system
Officials are calling the Crosby's store at Lake Avenue and Old Niagara Road the first solar-powered convenience store in the region, after showing off a new array of solar power panels Wednesday.
'Peacemaker' sailing vessel wintering on Niagara River
The Peacemaker, a 150-foot-long barquentine sailing vessel is scheduled to spend the winter at the marina, catching up on maintenance as it awaits the end of the colder months, Capt. Larry Clinton said.â€©
- More Communities Headlines