SLIDESHOW: Fireworks light up the sky Friday night
Hundreds of area residents gathered in and around Hyde Park to watch the city's annual Fourth of July fireworks display on Friday night.
- Ghost hunt coming to the Rapids Theatre Buffalo paranormal researchers Paranormal Crossroads Live will be conducting a public ghost hunt at the Rapids Theatre on July 19.
- Weekend weather called ideal for Niagara tourism The Niagara area is expected to roll out a welcome mat complete with sunny skies and pleasant temperatures for the long Independence Day weekend. The Fourth of July, as it's also called, is traditionally the biggest and most profitable time of the year for the tourist industry.
- List of holiday fireworks displays Seneca Niagara Casino will hold its annual fireworks display at 9:40 p.m. Saturday outside the casino. The rain date is Sunday.
DELUCA: 'Bad' dogs help vets
Bubba was a giant, grey-and-white spotted pit bull that nobody at the shelter held out much hope for. He was big, strong and tough to handle, probably abused. He was facing a life forever enclosed in a small cage until a group of local veterans changed his life. And in his own way, Bubba may have changed theirs.
Catholic Charities eclipses goal – 2014 fund drive brings in $11M
Catholic Charities of Buffalo has exceeded its fundraising goal for the year.
- NFHS grad first in city to attend West Point in 15 years Sean O'Brien remembers his surprise last summer when he spent a week at an immersion camp designed to let potential applicants get a sense of the West Point experience. Some of the other attendees had trouble accepting the barrage of yelling and dressing down that they experienced from camp leaders.
- 19th Street park dedication honors beloved neighborhood icon Louis S. "Big Lou" Serianni With summer beginning in the city, a plan to honor a fixture of the 19th Street neighborhood came to fruition on Saturday.
- Inspired by the Ontario Plain at the River Art Gallery Anyone who has spent time in the Great Lakes region knows that there is a lot of beauty there, so it's not really a surprise that so many talented artists have developed throughout the area.
Busy weekend ahead for area border crossings.
Motorists using the international bridges over the weekend should expect some delays with a significant increase in traffic due to Canada Day, a federal holiday in that country. Canada Day is officially Tuesday. More than half the nation is expected to celebrate on Monday to enjoy the long weekend.
- More Communities Headlines
- SLIDESHOW: Fireworks light up the sky Friday night