Busy weekend ahead for area border crossings.
Motorists using the international bridges over the weekend should expect some delays with a significant increase in traffic due to Canada Day, a federal holiday in that country. Canada Day is officially Tuesday. More than half the nation is expected to celebrate on Monday to enjoy the long weekend.
New York No. 2 in US for maple syrup production
New York state has edged out Maine to keep its spot as the nation's second biggest producer of maple syrup.
SLIDESHOW: Ziggy Marley and Steel Pulse at Artpark
It was a much lighter crowd than Tuesday night's Ringo Starr show but Mother Nature cooperated and Artpark's Wednesday show featuring reggae heavyweights Steel Pulse and Ziggy Marley did not have a lot of musical downtime.
SLIDESHOW: Fans weather storm for Ringo Starr at Artpark
Former Beatles drummer Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band entertained the crowd at Artpark Tuesday night following a one-hour delay due to a storm blowing through the area.
Pints for Progress previewing Park Place Market
Attendees of this month's Pints for Progress event on Wednesday will get an early glimpse of the Park Place Market, located at Park Place and Main Street.
- Edible Arrangements opens on Military Road Fresh fruit bouquets are now available in Niagara Falls, since a new Edible Arrangements store opened recently in the Wegman's Plaza on Military Road.
- Bulgur for lunch! Class get taste of Turkish foods and culture Second graders don't usually like parsely. And they surely don't often eat bulgur wheat. So it's hard to imagine they'd be interested in a Turkish lunch of bulgur salad, with stuffed grape leaves, and cheese pocas and baklava.
- Starpoint scoreboard donated in honor of Flight 3407 victim Cheryl Borner and the Starpoint School District have been working to keep her husband David Borner's memory alive.
- SLIDESHOW: International Fest draws a crowd to Gill Creek Park The International Festival is being held this weekend at Gill Creek Park on Niagara Street.
- SLIDESHOW: GardenFest blooms in Lewiston The ninth annual GardenFest takes over Lewiston's Center Street today and Sunday.
- More Communities Headlines
- Busy weekend ahead for area border crossings.