- Seneca Nation commits to native-only landscaping The Seneca Indian Nation is strengthening its roots to the land with a new commitment to use only indigenous plants and trees in public landscaping.
- SLIDESHOW: Old Fort Niagara's 35th annual French and Indian War Encampment Old Fort Niagara is wrapping up its 35th annual French and Indian War Encampment today.
SLIDESHOW: Fireworks light up the sky Friday night
Hundreds of area residents gathered in and around Hyde Park to watch the city's annual Fourth of July fireworks display on Friday night.
- Ghost hunt coming to the Rapids Theatre Buffalo paranormal researchers Paranormal Crossroads Live will be conducting a public ghost hunt at the Rapids Theatre on July 19.
- Weekend weather called ideal for Niagara tourism The Niagara area is expected to roll out a welcome mat complete with sunny skies and pleasant temperatures for the long Independence Day weekend. The Fourth of July, as it's also called, is traditionally the biggest and most profitable time of the year for the tourist industry.
- List of holiday fireworks displays Seneca Niagara Casino will hold its annual fireworks display at 9:40 p.m. Saturday outside the casino. The rain date is Sunday.
DELUCA: 'Bad' dogs help vets
Bubba was a giant, grey-and-white spotted pit bull that nobody at the shelter held out much hope for. He was big, strong and tough to handle, probably abused. He was facing a life forever enclosed in a small cage until a group of local veterans changed his life. And in his own way, Bubba may have changed theirs.
Catholic Charities eclipses goal – 2014 fund drive brings in $11M
Catholic Charities of Buffalo has exceeded its fundraising goal for the year.
- NFHS grad first in city to attend West Point in 15 years Sean O'Brien remembers his surprise last summer when he spent a week at an immersion camp designed to let potential applicants get a sense of the West Point experience. Some of the other attendees had trouble accepting the barrage of yelling and dressing down that they experienced from camp leaders.
- 19th Street park dedication honors beloved neighborhood icon Louis S. "Big Lou" Serianni With summer beginning in the city, a plan to honor a fixture of the 19th Street neighborhood came to fruition on Saturday.
- More Communities Headlines